For years, the fishing village of Marsaxlokk has been a popular destination for tourists visiting Malta.
- The Sea: Seconds away from our guesthouse is a promenade by the sea. Lying peacefully on the sea there are colourful boats, known as luzzus, which date back to 800 BC.
- Fine Dining Experience: You will not find fresher fish in Malta than in Marsaxlokk. The promenade is full of restaurants offering various types of fresh fish, and also other items for the non-fish lovers.
- The Sunday Market: Marsaxlokk hosts the largest and most popular market in Malta every Sunday. Fresh fish is the main item on sale, although other objects are also sold, like: clothes, jams, honey, pastries, paintings, ceramics, souvenirs, fresh fruit, flags, tea towels etc.
- Malta’s Fishing Village: No other place in Malta can claim that title except Marsaxlokk. It is not unusual to see fishermen working on the seashore whilst having your stroll at any part of the day.
- Near Valletta: Malta’s capital city, Valletta, is just a 35 minute bus-drive away (20 minutes by car). Furthermore, buses to Valletta are frequent: one every 20 minutes from Monday to Saturday, and one every 10 minutes on Sundays.
- Near Airport: The Airport is only a 15 minute drive away from Marsaxlokk.
- Feast & Activities: There is a lot going on in Marsaxlokk during the year. The main events are certainly the village’s ‘festa’ of Our Lady of Pompei and the fishing festival.
- The Harbour: Endowed with one of the prettiest harbours in Malta, Marsaxlokk is the ideal place to be if you want to experience the past and the culture of the time. With brightly coloured fishing boats bobbing about on the sea, and fishermen arranging their catch nets on the shore.
- The Church: Standing in the middle of Marsaxlokk, the Parish Church of Marsaxlokk is an attraction in itself. Dedicated to Our Lady of Pompei, inside the church you can enjoy a statue of the Madonna and Child which came from Lecce (Italy) in 1900.
Book now at our Marsaxlokk Guesthouse to enjoy this adorable fishing village.